Home  |  About Us  |  Our Services  |  PartnerShip  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap  |  Useful Links  |  Register  |  Login  
  UK Canada Australia New Zealand USA India Other Countries World Facts News Blogs

Register of Sponsor

All employers who want to act as a sponsor need a licence. Once they get a licence, they are added to the register of sponsors. The register of sponsors has the name, location and rating of the organisation. All sponsors are given an A rating or B rating when they join the register. A B rating is a transitional rating and means that the sponsor is working with UK government to improve their systems.
The register of sponsors lists all organisations that the UK Border Agency (UKBA) has licensed to employ migrant workers or sponsor migrant students. On 31 March 2009, the register of sponsors replaced the register of education and training providers published by the Department for Innovation, Universities & Skills (and previously by the Department for Education and Skills).
You must apply for a licence if you wish to employ migrant workers under the points-based system. In doing so, you agree to meet a number of sponsorship duties.
Duties and responsibilities of a sponsor
As a sponsor, you must meet certain duties to make sure immigration controls remain effective. The aims of these duties are to:
  • prevent abuse of assessment procedures;
  • capture any patterns of migrant behaviour early which cause concern;
  • address possible weaknesses in your processes which cause those patterns; and
  • monitor compliance with immigration rules.
An Organisation can apply for licences to sponsor migrants in tiers 2, 4 and 5.
Apply for licences for the following categories within tier 2:
  • skilled workers;
  • intra-company transfers;
  • sports people;
  • ministers of religion.
Apply for licences for the following categories of tier 4:
  • general;
  • student.
Apply for licences for the following categories within tier 5:
  • creative and sporting workers;
  • charity workers;
  • religious workers;
  • international agreement workers.
How our organisation can be added to the register of sponsors?
Your organisation will be added to the register of sponsors if you successfully apply for a sponsor licence.
You can apply for a licence if:
  • you are a legitimate organisation working within the law in the UK;
  • there are no reasons to believe that you are a threat to immigration control; and
  • your organisation will meet its sponsorship duties.
These criteria are to ensure that those working or studying in the UK do so legally. If you are awarded a sponsor licence, you will be given a sponsor rating - this will be an 'A rating' or a 'B rating', and will be listed on the register.
Register of education and training providers
Any education institution in the UK that wants to admit students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) must now apply to the UK Border Agency for a sponsor licence. If UK Border Agency awards it a licence, it will be allowed to sponsor students.
RAS provides expert advice on the right route to immigrate to the UK based on customer needs, skill sets, circumstances, chances of success which are based on immigration laws. And then prepares, submits and monitors visa application to get necessary approval. We can also help with employment, education and relocation solutions to help you make most out of your chosen UK option.
Please e-mail at info@relocationadvisor.co.uk or contact our office in London to learn how we can help you emigrate/immigrate to visit, study, work, settle or set up and grow your business in the UK and Europe. Apart from Corporate we provide services to skilled professionals, businessmen and students.
Top 5 Visas
Accountancy Services
Business Setup & Expansion
Partner with Us
Payment Options
 Bookmark and Share

Fields marked with * are mandatory


Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement  Copyright 2008 by RAS